Thank you for attending this Cor Online Formation Event!
Click Play Below. Make sure viewer is set to HD (click on the gear icon at the lower right of your viewing screen after beginning play).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WEBINAR IS FROM 2016
AND THE PILGRIMAGE HAS TAKEN PLACE.
Nine million people entered the Catholic Church in the Americas just as millions were leaving in Europe. Why? In December 1531, St. Juan Diego received the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe on his tilma, a miracle that sparked the massive conversion among the Aztec people.
Our Lady of Guadalupe remains the world’s most popular Marian devotion, and the basilica built near the apparition site is the most visited shrine in the world. St. John Paul II named her “Protectress of the Americas” in 1999 and had a chapel built in her honor inside St. Peter Basilica in Rome. What is it about Our Lady of Guadalupe and her message that has pierced so many hearts over the centuries?
Christopher West and Jason Clark of The Cor Project explore that question in a special online formation event, “Our Lady of Guadalupe & the Hidden Link with the Theology of the Body.”
In this special event, you will learn:
- Why St. John Paul II named Our Lady of Guadalupe “Protectress of the Americas”;
- Why Our Lady chose to appear to an Aztec culture mired in a culture of death;
- Why conversions to Christianity spread like wildfire across the country;
- How the apparition and tilma reveal in a stunning way the theology of our bodies;
- Why the message of Our Lady of Guadalupe is as urgent today as it was nearly five centuries ago, and how the Theology of the Body is the antidote to today’s culture of death.
- What it means to be “people of the image.”
After his reflection, Christopher, with host Jason Clark, will also answer some of your burning questions about the Theology of the Body.
The webinar unfolds as follows:
– A 20-minute presentation by Christopher on”Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Hidden Link with the Theology of the Body”;
– A 5-minute discussion between Christopher and Jason about Christopher’s pilgrimage to Mexico City in December to venerate the Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe and celebrate her feast day;
– A 5-minute reflection by Christopher and Jason on what it means for us to be “People of the Image”;
– A closing 12-minute segment where Christopher answers TOB questions submitted by you.